If you are a change agent, nonprofit leader or social entrepreneur who would like to write a guest post for Your Mark On The World to tell the world about the good you are doing and the difference you are making, our readers would love to hear from you. Here are some tips to help you write a post that will inspire our readers to act.
- Be brief. Typically, our posts are under 500 words but virtually always run shorter than 1,000 words.
- Impact. Focus as much as possible on the impact you are having or hoping to have with your efforts.
- Personalize. Tell your story from the perspective of a person; it could be someone you help, someone you wish you could help, or even your own personal story.
- Problem-solution. Help us see the problem you solve and how you solve it.
- Image. Give us a photo, a face or a video to help us visualize your impact.
- Links. Don’t leave us wondering how to learn more; provide a link that will help us connect with you.
- Twitter. You can help readers engage with you by including your twitter handle.
By following these tips, you’ll inspire us all to do our part to make the world a better place.
It is a good idea to let me know you’d like to write a guest post before you send it over. You can reach me here.
When your post goes live, I’ll send you an email to alert you. You can help me help you by using the social networking sharing buttons below to give your post the maximum visibility.
Be sure to subscribe to the blog. When you do, you’ll get the opportunity to download my books Your Mark On The World and Crowdfunding for Social Good for free!
Devin D. Thorpe